What We Believe
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
(2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Psalm 119:105, 160, Proverbs 30:5)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Deuteronomy 6:4, 1 Corinthians 8:4-6, Matthew 3:16-17, 28:18-19, Luke 4:18 [Isaiah 61:1} John 14:26, 15:26, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Galatians 4:6, Titus 3:5-6)
3. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he fell by the sin of Adam and that his sin causes all of humanity to be separated from God and lost eternally.
(Genesis 1:27, Psalm 8:36, Isaiah 53:6a, Romans 3:23, Isaiah 59:1-2)
4. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth as fully man, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
(Philippians 2:5-6, John 17:5 Revelation 22:16. Matthew 1:18, 22-25, Galatians 4:4. 1 Peter 2:22, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15, Matthew 4:23, 11:4-5. 1 Peter 1:18-19, Romans 3:25, 4:25, John 1:29, 1 Corinthians 15:16-20, 1 Peter 1:3-5, Luke 24:50-51, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 8:34, Ephesians 4:8-10 Hebrews 7:23-25, 9:24, Matthew 25:31, Revelation 1:7)
5. We believe that there is only one pathway for the salvation of lost and sinful people, by receiving in humble repentance the gift of free salvation offered by our Lord Jesus Christ.
(John 14:6, Acts 4:10-12, Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 1:12, Romans 5:21)
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells all believers. He, likewise, convicts of sin, increases desires for righteousness and obedience, leads in truth, brings assurance, empowers, and gives spiritual gifts to the church. Therefore, true believers grow in grace and knowledge and are completely and eternally kept by the power of God.
(2 Corinthians 1:21-22, 3:17, Galatians 4:6, 5:25, John 14:16-17, 16:7-13, 1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16, 6:19, Acts 1:8, Ephesians 1:13, 2 Peter 3:18)
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
(Matthew 25:31-46, 1 Peter 4:5, Acts 10:42, 24:15, Daniel 12:2, Revelation 20:12-13)
8. We believe that believers comprise the Church and are one Body, having Christ as their Lord, God’s glory as their aim, and the proclamation of His gracious forgiveness as their mission.
(Romans 12:4-8, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, Ephesians 4:11-13)
9. We believe in the practice of two sacraments:
A. Baptism – We celebrate both infant and adult baptism. In both cases, we believe it is God who pursues us and saves us, and baptism is a celebration of God’s goodness in Jesus.
(Acts 2:38, Matthew 3:11, 1 Peter 3:21, Romans 5:7-9, Luke 15:3-7)
B. Communion – We believe that the meal that Jesus commanded is a special time of intimacy with Jesus and remembrance of all that He has done in our lives through His life, death and resurrection. All who have accepted Jesus as their savior are invited to participate.
(1 Corinthians 10:16-17, 11:23-26, John 6:35,40,50-58)
10. We believe all Christians are called to witness for Christ in order to preach the gospel to all nations.
(Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15)