March 5, 2017
The Revelation of the Nature of Jesus
Mark Chapter 9
1) What are some of the ways that people think about Jesus?
2) Read Mark 9:1. What do you think Jesus is referring to when he says, “some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power”?
3) Read Mark 9:2-3; Colossians 3:12-14 (NIV); Ephesians 6:11-17; 1 Peter 5:5; 2 Corinthians 5:1-5; what is the significance of Jesus’ clothes changing to radiant white?
4) In Mark 9:4, Elijah and Moses show up next to Jesus. Why do you think this happens?
5) Read Mark 9:5-6. It seems from the context that tents for Moses, Elijah and Jesus was a foolish idea. Why do think that is?
6) Why do you think the terror of the moment caused Peter to say such a foolish thing?
7) Read Mark 9:7-8. Why should Jesus’ divinity cause his disciples to listen to him?
8) How does Mark 9 bring you personal hope?
9) Are there areas in your life where it is hard to listen to Jesus? How can applying the knowledge of Mark 9 help you more fully follow Jesus?