What is this class all about?
Dr. John Gottman
Dr. John Gottman has revolutionized the study of marriage. After four decades of research on all facets of relationships, the Gottman Institute has developed an approach that not only supports and repairs troubled marriages, but strengthens happy ones.
Benefits of Participation
- Provides structure, motivation, and accountability to work through materials found in 7 Principles book.
- It is encouraging to be with other couples who are also working on improving their relationships.
- It is lighthearted and less threatening than therapy, but may also be a bridge to therapy if needed.
- Helps couples articulate goals, expectations, and time frames for working on their relationship in a positive way.
- Encourages both partners to work on the relationship rather than one partner reading the book alone.
- A great resource for pre-marital couples to learn skills that will enrich thier relationship through a lifetime.
The Seven Principles Program is appropriate for:
- Couples contemplating engagement
- Pre-marital couples
- Couples married for decades
The Seven Principles Program is Inappropriate for:
- Couples in severe relationship distress
- Significant emotional or physical abuse
- Mental health problems
- Relationships where one or both partners are addicted to drugs, alchochol, or other compulsive behavior.