7 Principles for Making Marriage Work
We all want great marriages and here at Calvary we want to equip and encourage you in your marriage.
I would like to personally invite you and your spouse to an 8-week journey where you will learn and
implement relational practices that will help your marriage thrive.
This class is based upon the research of the Dr. John Gottman. Dr. Gottman has revolutionized the study
of marriage. After four decades of research on all facets of relationships, the Gottman Institute has
developed an approach that not only supports and repairs troubled marriages, but strengthens happy
Don’t worry if you’re shy or private, you won’t have to share anything personal in the class publicly. The
class is designed for you to interact, share and grow with your spouse. It will take your marriage to the
next level. .
It is our goal at Calvary to help your marriage thrive. If you want this for your marriage, this class is for
you. I hope you will join me and my wife Amy.
Let’s build great marriages together,
Cost: $50.00 per couple (The class usually costs $250-$350 per couple but we are only charging for the
Class Starts: September 17, 2018 @ 7pm
Class Duration: Class lasts for 8-weeks
Childcare: Childcare will be provided
Homework: The class is based upon the book, “Seven Principles for making Marriage Work.” You are
encouraged to read the book but it is not necessary to get benefits out of the class.
How to register: Fill out the attached application or register online, www.Calvaryop.org . If you fill out a
paper registration, you can email it, RonC@calvaryop.org , turn it back in at the “7 Principles” table or
turn in at the front office.
About this Class:
Dr. John Gottman has revolutionaized the study of marriage. After four decades of research on all facets of relationships, the Gottman Institute has developed an approach that not only supports and repairs troubled marriages, but strengthens happy ones.
Benefits of Participation in this Class or Getaway:
- Provides structure, motivation, and accountability to work through materials found in 7 Principles book.
- It is encouraging to be with other couples who are also working on improving their relationships.
- It is lighthearted and less threatening than therapy, but may also be a bridge to therapy if needed.
- Helps couples articulate goals, expectations, and time frames for working on their relationship in a positive way.
- Encourages both partners to work on the relationship rather than one partner reading the book alone.
- A great resource for pre-marital couples to learn skills that will enrich thier relationship through a lifetime.
The Seven Principles Program is appropriate for:
- Couples contemplating engagement
- Pre-marital couples
- Couples married for decades
The Seven Principles Program is Inappropriate for:
- Couples in severe relationship distress
- Significant emotional or physical abuse
- Mental health problems
- Relationships where one or both partners are addicted to drugs, alchochol, or other compulsive behavior.